Tuesday, June 30, 2009

22 Weeks :)

2 weeks past the half-way mark! I can’t wait to meet our new Little Prince!
I received my first round of stranger comments this weekend…first was at the beach. I was sitting in my chair, rocking the polka-dot bikini, trying to get a little color on my bump while watching my little man splash in the water, when over my left shoulder I hear a man’s voice.
“Are you having one, or did you just have one?”, “Yes, I’m pregnant”, was my reply. “Do you have any already?”, “Yes, one, he’ll be seven in October, when the baby is due”, “WOW! You must really lather on the cocoa butter, there is not even a mark on you at all! Seriously, your skin looks so soft and beautiful! Not any trace on your stomach (he is now in my personal space oogling my bump) My wife rubbed cocoa butter all over when she was pregnant with our boys and she looks the same as you now!” :::insert freaked out face here, this man was clearly in his 50’s, at least::: “Yes, I use creams, thank you.”
Why do people think it’s ok to come into your personal space and make oogly-eyes at your stomach? I was scared he was going to reach out and try to rub me! Thank God he finally made his way back to his chair where his wife was laying on a blanket, clearly NOT looking anything like me! Oh well.
The next comment came from DH’s cousin’s new boyfriend. She brought him over Sunday night to meet DH and I, and he was interesting to say the least. Last time I seen DH’s cousin was my birthday at the end of April, so she was so excited to see how much my bump has grown! About an hour after they got there we were all just sitting on the couch b/s’ing and talking about the names we are considering when cousin’s boyfriend says “Hold up, how far along are you?”, “22 weeks” I say with a smile, DH steps in and adds “That’s about 5 ½ months” (I’m proud he was able to add that). The boyfriend then adds, “WOW! You are HUGE! I know girls that are 5 months and they aren’t showing at all!”, well, I tried to hold my composure…I said, “Well, everyone is different J”, and DH’s cousin hits him on the arm and is yelling at him that you don’t say that and that I am NOT huge, this is my second child and girls show sooner with the second! I tried not to look at DH at this point, and he got up and walked into the kitchen. They left and DH said to me, he is so lucky that he’s J’s boyfriend, that I look the most beautiful he’s ever seen me and not to listen to him. I wasn’t listening to him anyway, just amazing how ignorant some people can be!
I love my belly! Little Prince and I are healthy and happy and that’s all I can ever ask for!
* How far along?: 22 weeks.
* Total weight gain: +1 lb from last week
* How big is baby?: the size of a papaya, he’s around 15oz and about 10-12 inches
* Maternity clothes?: Yes, I still wear junior size sundresses in a size up from my pre-pg size. I did just buy some maternity bikini panties this weekend! They are super comfy!
* Stretch marks?: no new ones.
* Sleep?: getting harder to sleep on my side, I think I may invest in a snoogle.
* Best moment this week?: watching the Little Prince poke around and kick DH as he was talking into my belly button ;)
* Movement?: His movements are getting stronger and more frequent. He’s a fan of rolling, and when he does this against my belly button it’s the weirdest feeling I have ever felt.
* Food cravings?: Mint chocolate chip ice cream, DH just bought my the mint choc. chip ice cream sandwiches…YUM!
* Labor signs?: Nope, but BH's are still strong.
* Belly button in or out?: The very top looks like it is starting to pop a little more, the bottom is still fully in though.
* What I miss: ice cold beer and sushi.
* What I'm looking forward to: Starting to work on the nursery area and picking stuff out for our little man!
* Milestone: Baby Prince’s little face is fully formed and he’s sprouting nipples!

1 comment:

Mrs.F said...

I can't believe somebody told you were huge! You are still so tiny... just with a cute little bump :) I would have been a whale in this guy's eyes because I think I was bigger than you at 22 weeks LOL