I find it hard to believe that I am 30 weeks pregnant. Where did the last 7 months go? I am no where near ready for Carter's arrival, and the thought that he can make his appearance anywhere from 7-10 weeks from now scares me a little. I can't wait to meet him, but nothing, and I do mean nothing, is ready for him yet. We're getting there though, if I can get Nick's butt in gear and realize that we seriously only have 7-10 weeks left we'll be ok.
On a sweeter note, we had our 3D ultra sound on Saturday and although Carter was sleeping through the entire thing, we did get to see him and it was amazing. We brought Niky to see his little brother and he was just in awe. Carter looks like he might just be another one of my clones :) It appears that he has my nose and lips, soon enough we will see him in person and really be able to see who he looks like! Niky thinks he looks like him, which makes sence because Niky looks just like me too :) Here's a few pics from the u/s, he had his one foot up by his face the entire time and was snuggling his cord next to his cheek, so that's what is in the way, silly little boy ;)
* How far along?: 30 weeks!
* Total weight gain: Still at 29 pounds total, haven't changed in quite some time...they say that the weight just got redistributed and everything is going great!
* How big is baby?: a little over 3 lbs and about 17 inches long!
* Maternity clothes?: yes.
* Stretch marks?: same
* Sleep?: it's been good, I've just been so busy and exhausted!
* Best moment this week?: seeing Carter at our 3D/4D ultrasound this past Saturday
* Movement?: he's been rolling around and changing positions a lot.
* Food cravings?: salad, and chocolate cupcakes :P
* Labor signs?: No, but BH's are getting stronger.
* Belly button in or out?: flat, and the top pokes out, it depends on his position it's mostly out now.
* What I miss: shopping for normal sized clothes
* What I'm looking forward to: painting the nursery!
* Milestone: Until now, the surface of your Carter's brain was smooth. Now, his brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue — a necessary change as he prepares for life outside the womb, and the street smarts he will need. So it's in with the new (brain cells, red blood cells) and out with the old (lanugo). Much of the lanugo — the soft, downy hair covering his body — is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating his body temperature. But you may see a few leftover strands of fur on your newborn's back and shoulders.









5 comments:
I love your outfit in your pic. Are those normal button up pants you have on??
Those pictures are beautiful!
You are looking great!! And I can't wait 'til I'm 30 weeks, but it seems so far away! Sounds like it flies by!
Thanks! They are back panel pants from GAP Maternity...I LOVE them!!! They look and sort of feel like normal pants, which I am missing so much lately!
You still look awesome of course ;)
Post a Comment