Ok, it's Tuesday, October 6th. My first baby boy turned 7 yesterday! I can't believe it's been 7 years, he's gotten so big and is such a smart, athletic little boy, I'm so proud of him! He is going to be such a wonderful big brother and he really can't wait for Carter to get here!
On that note, my ticker says 25 days to go today. The weeks are flying by. I'm getting nervous. I know everything will be just fine, it's just fear of the unknown I guess. I like to have a plan and have control. This is something that I have no control over. We will be fine. I will be fine, Carter will be fine, and Nick and Niky will be fine. As nervous as I am, my excitement to finally meet him makes it all better :)
I am so uncomfortable. I feel like my cervix is holding up a 20 pound bowling ball. I get these sharp pains down below pretty much all day at work, I think it has to do with sitting upright at my desk. I mean, I do have a head pushing up against my cervix, one would expect that to hurt. I just didn't know it would be SO uncomfortable. This is my last full week of work :D I am officially done next Tuesday, the 13th. I wanted to finish out a full pay week to make it easy on our finance department. I'm so nice, thinking of other people, lol. My weekly check up is this Thursday, so we'll see how everything is looking! I hope we have some progress to report!
* How far along?: 36 weeks down only 4 to go!* Total weight gain: +32 lbs total.
* How big is baby?: about 6 pounds and 19-20 inches, whoa!
* Maternity clothes?: so.sick.of.them. and it's cold and I only have one pair of jeans that fit :( I bought a pair of cords this weekend so I have another pair of pants to get me through.
* Stretch marks?: same
* Sleep?: eh, the pain in my cervix and lower back is keeping me up at crazy intervals.
* Best moment this week?: Last week of work :)
* Movement?: he's been very active lately...still! But now, his movements HURT!
* Food cravings?: pumpkin, anything pumpkin. Lattes, pie, muffins...I can go on...
* Labor signs?: VERY strong BH's and some cramping.
* Belly button in or out?: most of the time it's poking out, but sometimes it's flat, and still off-center.
* What I miss: being able to sit up straight and not feel like there is a sword through my cervix and up my back.
* What I'm looking forward to: finishing the nursery, packing the bags, and waiting! (still!)
* Milestone: By now, many of Carter's systems are pretty mature, at least in baby terms — and just about ready for life on the outside. Blood circulation, for instance, has been perfected and his immune system has matured enough to protect him from infections outside the womb.




2 comments:
You look awesome!! He will be here SO soon! :)
Ughhh I totally feel you with the pain in my cervix. I told Luis today that I feel like someone is stabbing a knife down there.
Post a Comment