Here goes, I’m just going to cannon ball right back into this. I’ll doggy paddle back through the last 5 months later.
I don’t hate my job. I don’t absolutely LOVE it either though. It’s fine and it’s working out for us. The benefits are great and I enjoy the pay check every week. I HATE leaving my boys. Carter especially since Nikolas is in school regardless. But I hate him having to sit in after school care every day until 5 pm. :::sigh::: If only there were an easier way to do this working mom thing, I’d be all over it. On the subject of work, I have to admit that working in an office with catty women sucks balls. Just sayin. One catty one in particular goes by the name of “Kat”, how ironic. Well, she’s an assistant in one of the offices in the front of the building and about 3 weeks ago moseyed on back to my office and started talking about the state layoffs and how all the local police departments have been laying people off left and right, so we got to talking about our office. I am the newest office employee and the fact that I’m management on top of a “confidential position” I am not allowed to be Union, she feels that come 2011 I should be worried about my job since they will not be letting any officers go. I waited an entire week before discussing this conversation with my uppers. Once I mentioned the conversation all hell broke loose. The Mayor was informed about what was said to me, he WAS NOT happy and Kat had to be spoken to about where she got this information from. Yes, someone blew this entire thing out of control. Well, it’s been a week and a half and every time I walk in the front of the building Kat gives herself whiplash trying to avoid me. Total.Cold.Shoulder. It makes working in a small office very uncomfortable for me, especially since I didn’t do a damn thing wrong. I simply questioned whether or not I should be concerned about my job next year, which I was informed that I do not need to be, they have NO intentions of laying me off. (GOOD NEWS FOR ME!) I would like to kick Kat in the teeth though ;)
Enough about that. Carter Bean's Baptism is next Sunday and I have been a busy little mama with planning to make it perfect. I’m in over my eyeballs with planning and such. I can’t wait though, and I really hope it turns out just as nice as the vision I have in my head. A little over the top, maybe, but so worth it! He deserves nothing but the best.
My 28th Birthday is this Friday! Yes, 2-8. WOW. When the hell did that happen? I am not handling this “getting older” thing very well. I attribute it to the fact that my hormones are still totally out of whack from having Carter. But I feel like I am a bazillion years old. My hair is falling out, my skin is blotchy and weird, after pumping or nursing my boobs are all squishy and deflated. (but engorged they are quite lovely, lol) TWENTY EIGHT. Jeez!
Here's a little look at how much Carter has changed in the past 5 months. I love him to pieces.



2 comments:
He is so cute...and getting so big! I wish they didn't grow so fast!
OMG!! I know you texted me the pic...now that I get a better look at him, he looks soooo much like you!! The eyes...it's a splitting image of you :) I love him!!!!!
Post a Comment