Happy Labor Day weekend, and a Sunday trip to L&D. Starting Saturday night, I started having some cramping really low in my abdomen/pubic area, right around my cervix area. I went to the bathroom and saw PINK! I kept wiping to make sure that I wasn't seeing things, but sure enough I was spotting. Freaked me out a little bit, especially since my BH's were becoming stronger and more frequent, nothing I was really able to time though. I pretty much went to bed after that and figured that some rest might help and I would call the doctor in the morning if it continued or got worse. Well, I felt ok in the morning and went to breakfast with the IL's and we stopped at the store on the way home to pick up the paint for Carter's room and some last minute school supplies for Niky (he started 1st grade, o.m.g. I can't believe how big he's getting!) and when we got home I went to the bathroom and my entire panty liner was pink so I called the doctor and he had me head into L&D to be monitored. Of course when I get there, the BH's slowed down and the spotting wasn't really there anymore. There were some contractions that showed up on the tape, but nothing to worry the doctor especially since my cervix was still closed. He thinks that my cervix is "ripening" or becoming softer and thinner preparing for birth. It looks good though and I have my 32 week appointment on Thursday. I'm still having some pain in that area and every time Carter rolls around I get shooting pains, not pleasant, but at least it tells me that he's doing good in there! Carter I love you so much and we all can't wait to meet you, but I need you to cook just a little longer!
Nick finally got to painting Little Prince's room!!! It looks so much more amazing than I thought it would too! I can't wait for it to be finished and we can start actually decorating and setting up for Carter's arrival. I find it so hard to believe sometimes that this pregnancy is almost over. I think my ticker today says 53 days. wow.
* How far along?: 32 weeks :)
* Total weight gain: still at 29 lbs total, appointment on Thursday may prove otherwise though.
* How big is baby?: around 4 lbs and 17 inches long!
* Maternity clothes?: yes, and I am SO sick of them! I want new stuff but I am hesitant since I am in my last few weeks. I did get some maternity long sleeved tees and a new pair of jeans though since it's getting chilly here.
* Stretch marks?: apparently only the ones that I had pre-pregnancy on my boobs, I though I had a little one, and now I can't find it anymore.
* Sleep?: I've been getting up to pee at least once around 3am every night.
* Best moment this week?: Carter's room is painted and I painted the letters for his wall!
* Movement?: I'm not sure what he's doing in there, but at times it really hurts. DH watched my belly last night and he said it looked like Carter was trying to break out of my skin, it felt that way too.
* Food cravings?: salad and sandwiches, I haven't really been in the mood for an actual "meal" although, now that I mention it, I would like some meatloaf and mashed potatoes...weird.
* Labor signs?: Ugh, BAD BH's and some cramping really low in my pelvic area accompanied by lovely pink spotting landed me in L&D on Sunday to be monitored. Carter and me are doing great though, and I'm not dilated or anything, my cervix is just "ripening" ;)
* Belly button in or out?: I think it's safe to say at this point that I have an outie, unless he rolls into a position and then it stretches everything out flat.
* What I miss: last week I missed my sexy body, and this week I feel pretty damn sexy ;) I do miss having energy though.
* What I'm looking forward to: carpet and furniture in the nursery will be done by this weekend and I can then start my decorating! And my baby shower, it's a surprise, so I don't know when it is, but I know it needs to be sometime within the next 6 weeks!
* Milestone: Carter sleeps approximately 90 to 95 percent of the day now. His skin has become thicker and he continues to become more of a pinkish color. Carter's movements will peak this week. From now on they will change in quantity and quality. Most of the wrinkles are disappearing from his face, and there may be a lot of hair on his head. Stay cookin a few more weeks little man, Mommy, Daddy and Niky can't wait to meet you and hold you in our arms!!!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You look great! Sorry that you had to go to L&D, but I'm glad to know that it was nothing major and you were able to head home. Hope things continue to go well!
Post a Comment