Monday, October 26, 2009

39 Weeks, Last Weekly Update ;)

Well, by the looks of my entrance pics, you can see Carter is still wedged in my ute...it looks like he's hanging out for the next few days. My dad's birthday is tomorrow and he really wants Carter to share his birthday, so we shall see if Carter listens! I seen Carter today o the u/s and he's so squished in there! His cheeks were all mashed together :( Poor little guy really needs to come out. I have been SO cranky and anxious and tired and annoyed...I can go on....that he's probably scared to come into this world. What I would give for about 3 hours of pure peace to just relax and let him know that the world is safe and I am more than ready for him.
I'm so tired...I haven't slept good in weeks...I need a good night's sleep before he gets here. Today is Monday, well just about Tuesday...so 2 more days and a wake-up and I'll be heading to the hospital! Let's see how we make out tomorrow!

* How far along?: 39 Weeks...this is it!
* Total weight gain: +35 lbs total.
* How big is baby?: I had an EFW u/s this morning and the little meatball is out of room, we knew this already though...it was hard for the tech to get accurate measurements, but with what she was able to get he was coming in at 6lbs 15oz, she thinks it's more like 7-7.5 though. He should be somewhere around 20-21 inches as well.
* Maternity clothes?: I put all the summer clothes in a box :) I can't wait to box up the rest!
* Stretch marks?: same
* Sleep?: I need more of it.
* Best moment this week?: I got to see the meatball this morning! Tomorrow I go to the doctors and schedule my induction for Thursday! I'm going to meet my little prince this week!
* Movement?: he's cramped. I feel him stretching every now and then and it's pretty painful.
* Food cravings?: sugar. cake. everything I shouldn't be eating...
* Labor signs?: some strong contractions here and there. I keep trying to time them, but I get distracted easily...so needless to say, he's still in there, I'd say we're safe for now ;)
* Belly button in or out?: it's been popped the past few days.
* What I miss: feeling peaceful, I've been REALLY anxious and aggravated lately, probably part of the reason Carter refuses to come out...
* What I'm looking forward to: delivering my baby boy!
* Milestone: He's ready!

4 comments:

Rachel H. said...

I've heard that when you are anxious and not relaxed that your body can't relax, so it takes longer for you to go into labor. I know that it's easier said than done, but maybe if you just try to relax and not think about some of those things, then you'll go into labor without the induction!

Alison said...

You look fabulous!!!

Lil'Misa said...

Wow you dropped a lot this week!

Mrs.F said...

Wow you look like you've really dropped!! I'm so excited for you... he's coming soon!