Carter Nico
October 29, 2009
11:53 am
7 lbs 15 oz, 21 in

I am so in love it's incredible. All that worrying for something that was a true miracle. Here's our birth story:
I got to the hospital and settled in my room around 7am. I got changed into my gown and hopped onto the bed. They started my IV around 7:45am with just fluids and drew blood. 8:15am the nurse came back and said that the lab wouldn't take my blood vials b/c the ink on the label over the date was smeared so she needed to draw again :::sigh:::. My doctor came in around 8:45 am to do an internal and broke my water. I was at 3cm. We started the pitocin at this point, 9:00 am and discussed calling anesthesia for my epidural, my doctor suggested we wait until the contractions were coming at a steady pace. The pain started at this point due to the broken water and pitocin...contractions were about 4 min apart, I was trying to wait like my doctor said, but when the nurse came back to check on me, she looked at the monitor and suggested that we call for the epidural now since they can take forever to get down to your room. She was right. The anesthesiologist finally got there around 9:45 am and inserted the epidural through my contractions, I felt horrible. After the catheter was in and we rolled me back onto my back he had a hard time inserting the meds, he said that the catheter could be pinched between two of my discs..wonderful. He got the meds in the best he could and waited through my next 2 contractions to see if I felt any relief. My entire left side was numb. My right side however, felt EVERYTHING. He had to remove the first epi and do it all over again. My contractions were about every 2 minutes at this point and I felt everything in my right side. Once the second epi was in, and I started to get numb things flew by! It was now 10:05 by the time the new epi was in. They upped the pitocin and the contractions started to come about every minute. Around 11:00 am I started to feel the pressure that they told me to look for but anticipated wouldn't happen until after lunch. They checked me...9cm! Contractions still at 1 min apart. 11:15 am, 9.5 cm! Pressure getting stronger. At 11:30 we were at 10 cm! The nurse called down for the doctor, he was there in 30 seconds! My bed wasn't ready at all, it was still all intact for labor, so my doctor started trying to get plastic under me and the nurses were running around trying to grab everything they needed. The nurse looked at me and said, "are you ready to push?!?!" Hard labor on the monitor started at 11:41 am according to the nurse, contractions every 30 seconds and that's when we started pushing. Carter's head was half way out and they told me to stop pushing for a min so they can get the rest of the stuff ready?!?! WTF!?!?! This was the only time I yelled...one big F-Bomb. I told them to get him out of me, and I was pushing the rest of him out. My doctor then said to just go for it :) Carter Nico entered the world at 11:53am. 3-4 10 count pushes and it was over. No tearing, no cutting, no pooping ;) My little prince was born. It was so wonderful. I was worried for nothing. He's perfect and I feel great.
I don't want to overload one post with pics, so I'll have to update later, but I have some from his first few days in the hospital for now, enjoy!
Sending my updates ;)
Mommy and Daddy right before we meet Carter.
Carter Nico enters the world!
I can't believe he's here so fast!!!
He is even more beautiful in person than in my dreams!
The "4" of us!!!
I love him so much.
We couldn't be happier :)
In his Daddy's arms.
I know, I have been bad that it took me this long to update...I have just been SO BUSY with visitors and LOVING up my new little man!!! I am so in love it's amazing. I have a one week update ready to go, lol. I just needed to get this one up first!














6 comments:
You both look so good!! You look great going into labor and right after!! I hope I look that great! :)
Oh my God what an amazing story!!! I love the pics hun :) XOXOXO to your little man!!
He's beautiful. Congratulations! Love the little pumpkin outfit!!!
Congratulations! Your little prince is adorable! Great birth story too, thanks for sharing!
He is adorable! You look awesome & I'm so glad you're feeling so good already. Lucky!
Congrats girly!!
He is perfect and I am so thrilled for you :)
Post a Comment