Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm back!

Oh...Hi! Hey there! It's me again :) I've had quite a busy life these last two year. OMG, it's been TWO years?!?! Ok, we won't let that much time go by again! Here's a little recap:

-Nick and I are trucking along...both busy working, taking care of the boys and trying to find some spare time for "us". You know, life as usual for two working parents.

-As for the boys, they are WONDERFUL. Nikolas is still as active as ever in sports, we are up to football, basketball and baseball where to seasons all seem to run together so we don't get much down time. He's in third grade and an honor roll student. He also is involved with the drama club in school (well-rounded boy we are raising!) now as they allow you to join once you hit third grade. He auditioned for the annual play along with over a hundred students in grades 3 through 5. He was the ONLY third grader to get a lead roll. It's a small lead roll, but it's still a lead part and the pride on his own face when he told me brought tears to my eyes. My little man will be playing the part of "Chip" in Disney's Beauty and the Beast this May. I can't wait to see him on stage.

-Carter. Oh my little Carter Bean. The light in everyone's life. He's your typical two year old boy. Pushing limits and getting dirty. He's got a bit of a temper, but I kind of like that at times. He's not a push over. What a personality on him too. He has the ability to bring a smile to a stranger's face with just a glance. He loves to dance and play with his toys. He can rock out pretty hard on the guitar too, I'll have to catch a video of that for you all. There's just something about him. He's got that "it factor". We are still working on potty training...he was doing so well with it and then it must have lost it's novelty. I feel it will happen soon. It needs to happen soon. He adores his big brother, he looks up to him and tries to emulate everything he does. I love watching them together. Nikolas is so good with him and such a huge help. I'm raising two pretty wonderful boys if I don't say so myself! :::pats on back:::

Oh, yeah, one more thing...I'm pregnant! Baby #3, here we come! I'm due around November 20th, another reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving :)
 
* How far along?: 5 weeks
* Total weight gain: nothing yet
* How big is baby?: about the size of a wee little apple seed!
* Maternity clothes?: not anytime soon!
* Stretch marks?: none
* Sleep?: I am exhausted and trying to get a little more each night than usual.
* Best moment this week?: still trying to believe it's real...soaking it all in.
* Movement?: nothing yet, baby doesn't even have working limbs yet!
* Food cravings?: so far just carbs, trying to keep my stomach settled
* Labor signs?: not for a VERY long while...
* Belly button in or out?: in
* What I miss: nothing yet! Maybe my glass of wine in the evening to help me unwind, but it's only been a week since we found out, so I'm not missing it really yet!
* What I'm looking forward to: everything :) Telling our family and friends, my belly growing from the new life that my husband and I created, watching my boys prepare for the arrival of their new sibling, I'm looking forward to it all!
* Milestone: This week, the baby's tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood!

I'm looking forward to this new journey in our lives. It's going to be a bit crazy at times, but I think I'm ready for it! Ready or not, it's happening! :)

2 comments:

Hay Hay said...

yay!!! so happy you're blogging again :)

imavera said...

Congrats to Nikolas! Chip is a great role! And, of course, congrats to you :)

Glad to see you around again!