This past weekend was Easter (pics to follow, I'm in bed on my son's netbook at the moment, sick remember, so I get a pass, ok?) and I had such a wonderful day with my family! The boys were great! Watching them wake up, too early for my likings, and run downstairs to find the hidden eggs makes all the hard work we put into things like that worth it! Carter was so excited when he seen his basket, he ripped through it and kept saying "This is mine!!!" it was really cute :) Nikolas was happy as usual, he isn't as expressive as Carter, but still gets excited in his own way. They both got new bedding; pillows, comforters and sheet sets in addition to their baskets and I was surprised that they both were as excited about new sheets as most kids are with toys! That's my boys! :) Nick and I took the boys to the nature trail for a walk and to take some pictures before heading to my parent's for dinner. My mom and I took a little walk with Carter as he rode his scooter that we keep at her house and I told her that the boys will be Big Brothers! She was surprised and really happy. It felt wonderful telling my mom and I'm glad that I can talk a little more openly about the pregnancy now and have my mom to voice my concerns and fears to. I was so scared to tell her for some reason, and hearing how wonderful she thought this was made me feel so much better! I can't wait to at least see this little babe on an u/s to ease my fears a bit!
- How far along? 8 weeks.
- How big is baby? a little over half an inch, about the size of a raspberry!
- Total weight gain: 2 lbs.
- Maternity clothes? nope!
- Stretch marks? No new ones. (I should mention that I have a few on my boobs from the boys)
- Sleep: Getting better. I'm sleeping for longer stretches. Minus my bout with strep throat that I have currently that kept me up in sever pain last night :(
- Best moment this week: Easter with my family and telling my mom that Nikolas and Carter will be Big Brothers!!!
- Miss Anything? Being able to take some aleve or whatever other OTC meds I want for allergies or the pain I've been dealing with for the past 2 days with strep throat.
- Movement: nothing yet.
- Food cravings: today it was a jelly donut. I would have clawed someones eyes out for a jelly donut. I drove to Dunkin Donuts after my doctors appointment this morning and got one. Wouldn't you know the minute I pulled out of the parking lot I got so nauseous, I couldn't bring myself to eat my donut :( I did eat it after I got home and started to feel a bit better though, and it was worth it!
- Food aversions: nothing really this week.
- Gender: no clue yet!
- Labor Signs: Not for quite some time!
- Symptoms: Nauseous. Tired. Sore HUGE boobs.
- Belly Button in or out? in!
- Wedding rings on or off? On :) they have a little room to play, hoping the swelling stays under control!
- Looking forward to: my first prenatal appointment next Thursday, telling all of our friends and family and my birthday in just under 2 weeks!
- Milestones/what's going on inside: I can't feel it yet, but he/she's moving those arms and legs like crazy! New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from my baby's hands and feet, the eyelids practically cover baby's eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat to the branches of the developing lungs, and the "tail" is just about gone. In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. Fun fact: my baby's taste buds are now forming.


No comments:
Post a Comment