I got to work today and booted up the computer like I normally do. I pulled up facebook, because, yeah, that’s how I get my
Monday started at the office. I notice
that I had a message from a girl that I cheered with when we were young. Her and I just reconnected on facebook and I’m
glad to see her doing so well…anyway…her message made me think. This will be rambling and long, but it got me
thinking enough to post it here…her message to me: "...I hope you don't mind, I just had a quick question for you... how do you
manage to look so fabulous with 2 little ones and another on the way???
I just have {insert child's name here, removed for privacy} and he wears me down to the point of pure exhaustion!
And I stay home full time! lol. My husband has been hounding me for
another baby but I am so nervous to go from one to two. I just adore our
little man, but he leaves me no time for myself! Truthfully, how was it
to go from one to two (and now almost three)? And how are you feeling??
I hope the little princess is being nice to you!" and my response:
-"I don't mind at all!
I don't look fabulous, LOL, that's why you haven't seen any current pics of me posted lately!
I have these lovely dark bags under my eyes that are quite
unflattering...I'm exhausted. Pregnancy insomnia is the worst this time
around and I don't get much sleep at all. I do appreciate the kind
words though! This may get a bit lengthy, so I apologize ahead of time!
I work full time, I'm a class mom, team mom for football and baseball, and Nikolas plays basketball in the winter and summer. We are BUSY! Always running somewhere for the kids, no time to myself at all...I guess you just get used to it! Nikolas and Carter are 7 years apart, I had some fertility issues but eventually was blessed with our second little man. It was easy in some aspects going from one to two in that they have the age gap and Nikolas has always been a huge help. I think that helped me a ton. Now thinking about adding #3 to the mix was a harder decision. My boys are my life. Seriously, like I mentioned, I live for them. My whole world revolves around them and trying to give them the best life I can. I love that I have two boys, the thought of having siblings closer in age was something that I wanted though, I wanted Carter to grow up with someone. Nikolas was an only child for seven years, it had it's positives and negatives. The negatives really just being that I liked having a brother close in age, and Nikolas didn't have that. Nick has 2 siblings and they are all around 2-3 years apart, so he liked being close in age as well. We decided to "see how is goes" and when we got back from Disney this year found out we were expecting #3! I'm not going to lie, I am nervous to see how much crazier things can get. But I'm so excited to see the boys interact with their new sister. Carter is SPOILED ROTTEN. No joke, by everyone he comes into contact with. He's part of the "football family" and everyone on the fields at all levels knows who Carter is and spoils him rotten. His nanny treats him like he's her own...even better sometimes! LOL! Our nanny's son is 15 years old and an only child, Carter is his "brother from another mother"
and Carter is FRESH because of how loved he is if that makes any sense.
Everyone gives him whatever he wants. Including myself. I tried for
so long for him, I went through so much to get him here that I never
want to take him for granted. Either one of my boys, but I think
because of my previous losses and everything I went through to get, and
stay, pregnant with Carter, I tend to give in to him. Once this baby
girl gets here, I'm really afraid of how jealous he will get. Or if he
will act out in any way. When I was pregnant with Carter, I often
wondered how it would even be possible for me to love another being as
much as I loved my Nikolas. I loved him with my entire being, and in my
mind there was no way I had enough room to love another baby as much as
I loved my Nikolas. Then Carter was born, and your heart makes room
it grows, and the love for both is there.
I guess you never know...you just go with it. You will figure it out, and like I keep thinking, once they are grown up, you will have "me time" again. I always wanted a big family, and that really was the deciding factor in us going for #3. She will be here in a few short weeks now (OMG!!!) I'll let you know how it goes
All of my friends that have 2+ kids have told me the same thing though, going from 1-2 is an adjustment, and any number you add after that is just extra mouths to feed, but it's easy. We shall see!
I'm feeling ok, girls really are different than boys!!! Between the early morning sickness, reflux, heartburn, insomnia and my schedule, I'm ready to meet her soon!"
So how did you know...how did you know if you could handle adding more children to your family? For us, a lot had to do with fate, and with my dreams. I am happy for the decisions we made. It's true, I believe that just when you think you love your child with ALL OF YOUR BEING, and couldn't imagine loving another anywhere near as much, when you look at that new baby for the first time, you just make room to love them just as much. Not one more than another, for myself at least, it's a different love, but both unconditionally. I understand every family situation is different. But this is what worked for me and for our family...and will #4 be in our future? It's possible...but for now let's just see how things go with 3!
I don't look fabulous, LOL, that's why you haven't seen any current pics of me posted lately!
I have these lovely dark bags under my eyes that are quite
unflattering...I'm exhausted. Pregnancy insomnia is the worst this time
around and I don't get much sleep at all. I do appreciate the kind
words though! This may get a bit lengthy, so I apologize ahead of time!I work full time, I'm a class mom, team mom for football and baseball, and Nikolas plays basketball in the winter and summer. We are BUSY! Always running somewhere for the kids, no time to myself at all...I guess you just get used to it! Nikolas and Carter are 7 years apart, I had some fertility issues but eventually was blessed with our second little man. It was easy in some aspects going from one to two in that they have the age gap and Nikolas has always been a huge help. I think that helped me a ton. Now thinking about adding #3 to the mix was a harder decision. My boys are my life. Seriously, like I mentioned, I live for them. My whole world revolves around them and trying to give them the best life I can. I love that I have two boys, the thought of having siblings closer in age was something that I wanted though, I wanted Carter to grow up with someone. Nikolas was an only child for seven years, it had it's positives and negatives. The negatives really just being that I liked having a brother close in age, and Nikolas didn't have that. Nick has 2 siblings and they are all around 2-3 years apart, so he liked being close in age as well. We decided to "see how is goes" and when we got back from Disney this year found out we were expecting #3! I'm not going to lie, I am nervous to see how much crazier things can get. But I'm so excited to see the boys interact with their new sister. Carter is SPOILED ROTTEN. No joke, by everyone he comes into contact with. He's part of the "football family" and everyone on the fields at all levels knows who Carter is and spoils him rotten. His nanny treats him like he's her own...even better sometimes! LOL! Our nanny's son is 15 years old and an only child, Carter is his "brother from another mother"
and Carter is FRESH because of how loved he is if that makes any sense.
Everyone gives him whatever he wants. Including myself. I tried for
so long for him, I went through so much to get him here that I never
want to take him for granted. Either one of my boys, but I think
because of my previous losses and everything I went through to get, and
stay, pregnant with Carter, I tend to give in to him. Once this baby
girl gets here, I'm really afraid of how jealous he will get. Or if he
will act out in any way. When I was pregnant with Carter, I often
wondered how it would even be possible for me to love another being as
much as I loved my Nikolas. I loved him with my entire being, and in my
mind there was no way I had enough room to love another baby as much as
I loved my Nikolas. Then Carter was born, and your heart makes room
it grows, and the love for both is there.I guess you never know...you just go with it. You will figure it out, and like I keep thinking, once they are grown up, you will have "me time" again. I always wanted a big family, and that really was the deciding factor in us going for #3. She will be here in a few short weeks now (OMG!!!) I'll let you know how it goes

All of my friends that have 2+ kids have told me the same thing though, going from 1-2 is an adjustment, and any number you add after that is just extra mouths to feed, but it's easy. We shall see!
I'm feeling ok, girls really are different than boys!!! Between the early morning sickness, reflux, heartburn, insomnia and my schedule, I'm ready to meet her soon!"
So how did you know...how did you know if you could handle adding more children to your family? For us, a lot had to do with fate, and with my dreams. I am happy for the decisions we made. It's true, I believe that just when you think you love your child with ALL OF YOUR BEING, and couldn't imagine loving another anywhere near as much, when you look at that new baby for the first time, you just make room to love them just as much. Not one more than another, for myself at least, it's a different love, but both unconditionally. I understand every family situation is different. But this is what worked for me and for our family...and will #4 be in our future? It's possible...but for now let's just see how things go with 3!



No comments:
Post a Comment