Friday, March 30, 2012

FFF - Flame Free Friday...Where are your kids?!?

This is more of a vent, but I think it can go under the FFF post, I know some people may get their panties in a bunch over my observation, but I needed to get it out, and this seemed like a good place to do it.

I log onto Facebook daily.  I see you(s) filling up my news feed with status updates referring to your liquid lunch, or the bar you're going to that evening, recaps from weekends of partying...pictures of you at said bar, out to lunch with friends, etc..  One thought comes to mind when I see this over and over again...where the hell are your kids?!?!  I know you have them.  I remember when you(s) used to post pictures of your sweet little offspring, or when your status updates consisted of something funny your child did.  Don't get me wrong, the people that ONLY post updates and pics of their kids, that get annoying too.  But I am really bothered by the fact that you constantly post about drinking and partying it up with your friends, and I can't help but wonder where your children are.  Some are of school age, so I get that they are in school while you consume your liquid lunch on some deck overlooking the water (I've seen the pictures) but I know some of you have smaller children as well.  And let me also add that every parent deserves a night out once in a while, we all deserve to have lunch with our friends.  I am not referring to those of you that do this on an on occasion basis.  It's those of you that do this every.single.day. with no mention of your kids in months.  It's those of you that I have to shake my head at.  Oh, and for real, where the hell are your kids?!?!

4 comments:

imavera said...

I have people like this on my feed, as well. Some of them don't even have a single mention of their kids at ALL. Anywhere. I think it's strange.

angelaluvnlife said...

Yeah totally agree! Spread the info not jut one suubject no matter what it is :) Love your blog and you are beautiful! Haha just thought I would throw that out are you hoping for a girl or another boy by the way :)

Danielle said...

@Vera, I totally think it's strange too! Drives me bonkers.

@Angela, thank you! I will honestly say that I don't care, I would LOVE another boy, because, well, that's all I know, and I have to say I have the boy thing pretty down pat ;) Although, I would LOVE to play dress up with all the frills now that I've got the playing in dirt thing down!

THECRAFTYREPORTER said...

Happy I found your blog-- cute! :)

New Fan-- from www.thecraftyreporter.blogspot.com