Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Recap

This past weekend was Mother's Day.  I spent a beautiful Sunday with my boys.  Out to breakfast, Philadelphia Zoo, lunch and dinner out, and on our way home we stopped at a dairy bar for ice cream.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  We closed the night by swinging by our parent's to deliver the hand painted flowerpots with flowers the boys painted and heading home for baths and bed.  I climbed into bed after my shower and listened to the little baby growing inside of me beating away with my doppler.  Wonderful, wonderful day.  I am blessed.
 










  • How far along?  13 weeks
  • How big is baby? almost 3 inches long, about the size of a peach.
  • Total weight gain: If I had to guess I would say that I stayed about the same this week.  The bloating seems to be gone, so my clothes (non-maternity!) are fitting me better again.  I'm much more comfortable this week.
  • Maternity clothes? still no!  I have worn the bella band a couple times last week, but this week I'm back in my regular pants, and comfortable in them!
  • Stretch marks? No new ones.  (I have a few on my boobs from the boys, but that's it)
  • Sleep: Sleeping so much better now, although the past 2 nights I got up to pee more often then I think I should have for only being 13 weeks...
  • Best moment this week:  I think I have started to feel the baby!!!  I have been feeling these little taps here and there and it's different then gas bubbles.  I notice that if I pay attention to it, especially when lying down at night, I am able to feel the little taps more and place that they are indeed the baby.  I can't wait until it becomes stronger!
  • Miss Anything? this week I am pretty content with myself!  :)
  • Movement: just some little taps here and there!
  • Food cravings: buffalo wings and breakfast sausage, not together, but I find myself thinking about them often this week.
  • Food aversions: coffee...still.
  • Gender: July 2nd can't get here soon enough!
  • Labor Signs: Not for quite some time!
  • Symptoms: I'm feeling pretty darn good this week!  Still tire easily, but I can live with that!
  • Belly Button in or out? in!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On :) they have a little room to play, hoping the swelling stays under control!
  • Looking forward to: Announcing in the next 2 weeks to the world that our family is expanding!
  • Milestones/what's going on inside: last week of the first trimester!!!  I am moving into the second trimester and I'm officially 1/3 of the way done with this pregnancy!  Baby's forming vocal cords and teeth and even though baby's still teeny, they already have fingerprints.  The intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in the tummy, which at my NT scan last week, this baby is ahead of the game, the intestine is already in place!

Since the bloating went away...no belly pic just yet.  I promise, there is nothing to see! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy for you that the 1st tri is coming to an end and that you can hear your sweet babe's heart beating on the doppler. Such blessings.