Friday, July 6, 2012

20 weeks and my anatomy scan!

Well, our anatomy scan was Monday, and it went great!!!  The tech asked if she was able to tell what the baby was if we wanted to know at that time...ummm YES!!!  I've only been waiting since the day I found out I was pregnant for this moment!!!  About a min into the scan she said, "Ok, are you ready to know?!?!"  Really???  Like, now???  So early in the scan you can tell???  She said she could and was extremely certain of what the wee babe was...so without further hesitation, I present you with:
***IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

We are beyond thrilled with the news!!!  I would have been happier either way, but the excitement of a baby girl is so new to me, and I can't wait for all the frilly girl stuff to start taking over!!!  I've practiced restraint so far with shopping, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out!!!  Carter got his "Baby Princess" as he's been calling the baby since he heard that Mommy had a baby in her belly.  Nikolas is pretty, "meh, cool" about it, lol, typical 9 year old boy I guess!  I'm ecstatic though!  I never thought I would be one of those everything pink moms, but looks like that's the direction I'm headed!!! And BOWS and HEADBANDS...ZOMG!!!!  I can't freakin wait!!!














  • How far along?  20 weeks, halfway through!
  • How big is baby? weighs about 11 ounces based on my anatomy scan on Monday and measures around 6.5 inches, head to bottom, about the size of a banana!
  • Total weight gain: total weight gain I'd say is around 15lbs so far, give or take a few.
  • Maternity clothes? yep, maternity pants, some maternity some regular shirts and regular sundresses.
  • Stretch marks? No new ones.  (I have a few on my boobs from the boys, but that's it)
  • Sleep: I have a cold, I'm coughing my brains out at night, it's terrible and interrupting my sleep even more than the round ligament pain has been...needless to say, I'm exhausted!
  • Best moment this week:  Monday morning, waking up and heading to my anatomy scan to find out after two boys, we are having a baby GIRL!!!  I'm on cloud 9 and so giddy over all the girlie things there are out there!
  • Miss Anything?  I miss sleep.  I miss waking up feeling rested.  It's going to be a while before I get that back, it's just the beginning again...
  • Movement: this baby is still lazy!!!  Her movements are getting a bit stronger and I even think I was able to feel one on the outside last night as well!
  • Food cravings:  this weeks I have been fairly craving free...nothing that I just HAD to have.
  • Food aversions: coffee...although just yesterday I had a cup, and it stayed down, my stomach was annoyed the remainder of the day, so I won't be drinking another one for a while.
  • Gender: it's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Labor Signs: Not for quite some time!
  • Symptoms: exhausted and round ligament pain out of control.
  • Belly Button in or out? in still!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On :) they have a little room to play, hoping the swelling stays under control!
  • Looking forward to:  starting to shop!!!!!!! 
  • Milestones/what's going on inside: She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system, and we seen her full tummy on the u/s so we know it's functioning correctly!  She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and will come out in her first few dirty diapers...fun times ;)
I have yet another crappy cell phone pic for you, I really need to start taking better pictures!
20 weeks:



1 comment:

Renae said...

Congrats!! Girls are tons of fun (and drama)!!!