-Melissa is doing well. I'll start with the good news :) I spoke with Rickey on Saturday night for a while and he told me that for the past few days she had started to come in and out of the coma! She's more in than out at this point still, but any little bit of improvement I'll take! She's off of all the monitors except for a little pocket heart monitor, and of course her humidifier for her tracheotomy that they are going to keep open for the time being but can eventually be capped off and removed. And she's been moved out of ICU! They have been doing some bedside physical therapy with her and she's able to hold herself in a seated position and follow simple directions. There are moments when she slips back into the coma, but she's getting better. Hoping to be moved to Kessler Rehabilitation Center tomorrow! She is such a fighter. We still don't know what the future will hold, but things are looking up!
UPDATE: Rickey just text me, they are moving her TODAY!!! YIPPEE!!!
-Nick's aunt passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was really close with her, as I grew to be as well. She had 3 children and a slew of grandchildren which she cared for. The funeral was last week, it was a sad time for us.
-Football started for Nikolas this past weekend. There goes my life until this baby girl is born! From here until school starts I will be on the football field 5 nights a week and then games on the weekend, and then it goes to three nights a week once school starts. This year I have decided to stick it out as a team mom yet again, I have a helper, and I am lucky enough to have my brother head coaching Niky's team, so I think this may work well this season. By the time football is over I will be giving birth, crazy thought.
-I started a crochet project for the Little Miss...it's a blanket and I'm super excited about how well it's turning out...I'm quite impressed with myself :::pats self on back::: I'll take pics when I get further along.
So that's really it in my world lately...I'm super tired but trucking along!
OH! And I have some pictures to share from our gender reveal! Since I've slacked lately, I will provide you with picture overload, enjoy!!!
A little pink and purple color fight with the boys...give them a little glimpse of what's about to happen to our "house of boys"...the girliness is about to take over!!!
- How far along? 22 weeks
- How big is baby? around 11 inches and about a whole pound! Around the size of a papaya!
- Total weight gain:around 15 lbs total.
- Maternity clothes? yep, maternity pants, some maternity some regular shirts and regular sundresses.
- Stretch marks? No new ones. (I have a few on my boobs from the boys, but that's it)
- Sleep: I get up to pee every now and then, but sleep has been decent this week.
- Best moment this week: getting our gender reveal pictures back!
- Miss Anything? I miss not feeling like a zombie...despite the sleep I have been getting I am still walking around with big black circles under my eyes and feeling so drained all of the time.
- Movement: she's moving around more and more!!!
- Food cravings: I was pretty big on burgers last week, anything on the grill really! And orange juice, even though the acids are so rough on my insides!
- Food aversions: grossed out by peanut butter again
- Gender: GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Labor Signs: Not for quite some time!
- Symptoms: exhausted. plain and simple.
- Belly Button in or out? in still!
- Wedding rings on or off? On! Although they are getting a little tight when my fingers get all swollen and sausage-like from the insane heat we have been hit with.
- Looking forward to: starting to shop!!!!!!!
- Milestones/what's going on inside: Now that she's got more developed eyes and lips, she's looking even more like a newborn! She's sleeping in cycles now as well -- about 12 to 14 hours per day. If you could see inside my womb (imagine that!?! lol), you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily!
I have yet another crappy cell phone pic for you, I really need to start taking better pictures!
- How far along? 23 weeks
- How big is baby? around 11.5 inches and just over a pound! About the size of a grapefruit!
- Total weight gain:around 15 lbs total.
- Maternity clothes? yep, maternity pants, some maternity some regular shirts and regular sundresses.
- Stretch marks? No new ones. (I have a few on my boobs from the boys, but that's it)
- Sleep: going to sleep later than I have been, but sleeping pretty well.
- Best moment this week: sharing our news of the baby girl with the whole world :) AND of course hearing today that Melissa is being moved to the rehabilitation center!!! One step closer to recovery!
- Miss Anything? being able to sit at my desk comfortably...today at least it's been pretty uncomfortable, I'll need to figure something out as I get bigger. She's so high up that I find it really uncomfortable to sit and lean over my desk the way I have to in order to type...my desk at work SUCKS!
- Movement: she's moving around more and more!!! I feel her often and I'm so in love!
- Food cravings: chocolate...I want chocolate a lot lately.
- Food aversions: still find peanut butter gross, and coffee, although I want it, I can't stomach it.
- Gender: GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Labor Signs: Not for quite some time!
- Symptoms: exhausted. plain and simple still. and I'm getting uncomfortable, early, I know...
- Belly Button in or out? in still!
- Wedding rings on or off? On! Although they are getting a little tight when my fingers get all swollen and sausage-like from the insane heat we have been hit with.
- Looking forward to: starting to shop!!!!!!!
- Milestones/what's going on inside: She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!) Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. She's listening to my voice and my heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking, so crazy!















1 comment:
Great update! Those photos are gorgeous! And I'm so happy to hear about Melissa!!!
Post a Comment